VSI (Vonachen Services Inc) is looking to fill a Human Resources Generalist position in a heavy industrial environment in Pontiac, IL.
- This is the lead human resources position for VSI in a large manufacturing facility in Pontiac, IL
- Provides a full range of human resources services to 200+ VSI employees in material handling, shipping and receiving, and related logistics functions
- Assesses and manages staffing
- Assists in recruiting employees at all levels of the organization
- Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations
- Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Conducts employment-related investigations
- Conducts employee surveys and analyzes data, makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Represents the company in unemployment claims
- Facilitates and provides training (including orientation) to the workforce
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Assists in maintaining health and safety standards for the safety of all in the workplace
- Works with leadership and employees to provide a positive employee experience
- Develops and coaches’ employees at all levels
- 2-5 years of human resources generalist experience preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment is preferred
- Knowledge of Illinois and federal employment laws and regulations preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification a plus
- Computer knowledge required (Windows, Microsoft Office)
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
Competitive salary. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), STD & LTD, vacation and paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster.