The Vonachen Group is seeking a Human Resources Generalist in Wausau, WI to support two Vonachen Family Companies, K-tech Building Maintenance and Accent Specialty Services.
- This is the lead human resources position for K-tech Building Maintenance and Accent Specialty Services, Vonachen Family Companies operating in Wisconsin and Michigan
- Provides a full range of human resources services to 275+ employees in cleaning services
- Assesses and manages staffing
- Assists in recruiting employees at all levels of the organization
- Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations
- Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Conducts employment-related investigations
- Conducts employee surveys and analyzes data, makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Represents the company in unemployment claims
- Facilitates and provides training (including orientation) to the workforce
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs
- Assists in maintaining health and safety standards for the safety of all in the workplace
- Works with leadership and employees to provide a positive employee experience
- Develops and coaches’ employees at all levels
- 2-5 years of human resources generalist experience preferred
- Frequent travel between offices and customer locations in and around Wausau, Madison and Menominee
- Flexibility to assist with urgent HR matters in evenings and weekends
- Experience with managing HR functions at multiple locations is preferred
- Knowledge of Wisconsin, Michigan, and federal employment laws and regulations preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification a plus
- Computer knowledge required (Windows, Microsoft Office)
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
Competitive salary. Benefits offered include medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), STD & LTD, vacation and paid holidays. A company vehicle will be provided as extensive travel will be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster.